July 19, 2008

Propaganda without Dogma

Interview: Ron English

Ron English, Ron English, how do I know this name! The other day I finally found out, I had read an article in Swindle about him months ago. Now his work is in Boston at the a-Politics exhibit and took over the wall outside the SoWa galleries. I know it would be hard, but I thought I would try, and ask Mr. English for a short and sweet interview, he said "sure." He made sure to keep it short, but we ask him nine questions, and he was kind enough to answer them all. We at The Struggling Blogger would like to thank him for his time, and can't wait to get some more interviews here.

Barclay Douglas: What is the message behind Abraham Obama?
Ron English: I was hoping for an image that would create a dialogue.

BD: What has been your favorite project to work on?
RE: The kid series.

BD: What your greatest inspiration behind your work?
RE: Fear of a day job.

BD: Which artist/designer do you respect most?
RE: I don't have a single favorite.

BD: What is Popaganda?
RE: Propaganda without dogma.

BD: What does Ron English do when he is not doing Popaganda.
RE: Repent.

BD: One thing most people don't know about Ron English?
RE: That I'm a figment of their imagination.

BD: What is next for Ron English
RE: That's top secret.

BD: One bit of advice you would give a young art or design student?
RE: Make the art you want to see, not the art others want you to make. They'll come around.

1 comment:

buy tretiva 10 mg online said...

isotretinoin 10 mg it is in a class of medications called retinoids. is used to treat severe recalcitrant nodular acne that has not been helped by other treatments, such as antibiotics. It's best to take them straight after a meal or snack to make sure they work well.