May 7, 2008

Cross Country Vintage

Frank Gohlke - On The Line
May 2 - June 7, 2008 - Gallery Kayafas

The Gallery Kayafas has a new exhibit down in the South End displaying black and white (along with other prints not as impressive) by Frank Gohlke. The pieces range from the 1970s to photos just taken a few years ago. They caught my eye as the images are similar to the ones I took when I drove across the country exactly a year ago to the date. The photos above (left: Texas, right: Albuquerque, New Mexico) were taken in the 1970s, yet it seemed to be almost the same as when I drove through those states in the Spring of 2007. Its amazing to think about and see how different the country is and how part of it never change, or change very slowly. If you have ever been cross country or visited part of the western life, you'll have the same feeling through this shows photography, I am sure. Checkout More!

No comments: